Friday, May 24, 2013

Not Over the Overalls


Calling all ladies from the 90's! Overalls are making a comeback and honestly I couldn't be more excited to try them out again...the right way. And let me tell you, there's a right AND wrong way to wear them. Wear them right, and you can look chic like @OscarPRgirl or @ManRepeller. Wear them wrong and well...you'll be lookin' like you just milked a cow on a farm in the middle of Iowa or something, and trust me that trend is LONG gone. The best way is to pair the overalls with a an eccentric stiletto heel. It dresses it up, without making it look too dressy. You know what I mean? I think Erika Bearman did an awesome job styling her outfit. The cropped black top and neon shoe makes the entire outfit pull together. 
Since the liquidation of overalls about a decade ago, now you can go into any thrift shop, vintage store, or GoodWill, and find a pair and make it you own! Rip em', cut em' fade em', do whatever you like to make them unique and you!
The best part about this trend? It doesn't look like you tried hard at all, but still look SUPER cute! 

WARNING: 
ABSOLUTELY NO FLANNEL OR PLAID CAN BE PARIED WITH THEM! EVER!


via @oscarprgirl instagram


via denimfuture.com

via pinterest.com

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm so obsessed with overalls as well!

    xx MJ
    http://shopaholic-thoughts.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I agree completely and you've found some great examples!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts, I read every comment!