Monday, April 15, 2013

Dream man, Gatsby man, Wall-Street man

www.Inslee.net
Gatsby, Wall-Street man?


What, in your opinion, is your definition of your dream man? 
I ask myself this question everyday, and i'm only 20. 
Honestly...my first gut reaction is how he dresses and carries himself (obviously). Can he clean up well, does he present himself in a polite demure? Currently I am in an intimate relationships class that talks about what we see in potential partners, and it got me thinking a little about the future. Let's be honest. We all see a perfect plan in our heads for what our life is going to be like, but as I get a little older, i'm finding out that things don't end up the way we plan. UM, THAT'S A LITTLE SCARY! I picture myself marrying someone like Bill Rancic.
But is that really how it's going to turn out? I'm just as confused as the next girl. I don't always like how I look, some of the people I surround myself with, or the fact I can't seem to get over an event that happened over a year ago. I feel like life is passing by so fast, but i'm also wondering when it's going to start. Does that make sense? 20 either seems so young to some, or old to others. I'm just sitting on my couch in my sorority house wondering, which one is it? 5 years from now statistics show that women the age of 25 are getting married. And i'm thinking... HUH 5 years? Too soon! Then I think about the age, and it seems right. How can I possibly find someone in 5 years? Granted it is a long time, but I haven't even dated someone longer than a year (yeah, I know). So what's with it dream man? Are you going to pop out of nowhere with your shiny hair, button down shirt, and mega watt smile? Because all i'm thinking about is the fact that -hopefully- when I graduate i'm going to be moving to work in fashion, and god knows there won't be a whole lot to pick from in that industry. Maybe I should go into Finance...meet a Wall-Street guy.
 Basically what this whole ramble was about is he out there? Is there a gentleman like Inslee's watercolor portray's? Because every time I look at it I see a little glimpse of hope, some kind of Gatsby man of my dreams. Once I know, you all know i'll be the first one to share! 
For now however... A few tips I learned from my intimate relationships class. 

1. Men like the color red.
This means wear a red dress on the first date.
or red lipstick. 

2. Body Language is KEY! 
If you mimic their body language (without them noticing) they are more than likely to like you more. 

3. Men actually like long term relationships 
(statistics show) and they rather go out on dates, but are fearful of rejection so don't ask us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts, I read every comment!